Tuesday 16 December 2014

Is Winged Eyeshadow the New Gel Liner?

Move over gel liner, you're about to be over shadowed!

Ever since I came across the winged eyeshadow looks featured on Make Up Geek followed by an array of looks popping up on my Instagram feed, I have been wanting to give it a try; and finally did so today.

It seems as if winged eyeshadow will soon take-over the winged eyeliner sensation. What's great about this trend is that your imagination is the limit with regard to colours (being a neutral eye kind of girl, I will most likely stick to my nudes with a pop of smokey or little pop of colour here and there, but I am certain that introducing colour into this technique would look amazing!) I love the winged eyeshadow look, gives off such a pretty finish and not as harsh as winged liner but somehow more dramatic.

Have a look at some winged eyeshadow looks as well as some pictorial tutorials on how to achieve this look.

  

 

I gave the winged eyeshadow look a try today using the Too Faced Chocolate Bar palette - a simple day-look ~ here is a step to step on how to achieve this look.



Step 1 - Apply white chocolate all over eyelid and above eyelid up until the brow.
Step 2 - Apply Marzipan to the inner corner.
Step 3 - Apply Creme Brulee to the lid, starting from the point that the Marzipan ends (be sure to blend well using a good eyeshadow brush)
Step 4 - Using an angled brush, create a wing using Triple Fudge (have a look at my previous post Winging It to see how to achieve the perfect wing) and glide your brush along the crease, stopping halfway.
Steap 5 - Blend in Black Forest Truffle to the outer corner of the eye.
Step 6 - Apply a thin line of gel liner to the eyelid (I used MAC Blacktrack) Do not extend the eyeliner outwards.
Step 7 - Apply mascara

*It is great to apply an eyeshadow primer before application, although I did not use one for this look, I sometimes do use the Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion.
** Too Faced has released the new Semi Sweet Chocolate Bar palette, which incorporates warmer toned colours, definitely a must-buy if you do not already own the original pallete!

Too Faced Semi Sweet Chocolate Bar

I am looking forward to trying out some winged eyeshadow techniques, I may even try a pop of blue on a day that I am feeling a bit adventurous! Being a novice, this seemingly simple look took me a bit of time to achieve; if you're planning on giving it a try, remember not to give up at the first attempt (I almost did!) Just keep thinking of the make-up mantra ~ practice makes perfect!


Positive vibes & The Mandatory xoxo
Hali

No comments:

Post a Comment