Thursday 18 December 2014

Toddler Travels

It's almost time for us to jet set, and my toddler is all packed and ready to fly! Besides her huge bag-full of snacks as well as clothing and Winter accessories, I packed her her own little hand luggage. She is absolutely excited about this and even helped me to pack it! In this post I will let you take a peek into Nuhas Trunki which can be used as a good base as to what to pack into a kids carry-on.

 

A Trunki is a childrens ride-on suitcase. It's perfect for when your kids are bored and tired at airports, as they're able to ride on steering themselves with the front 'horns' or you could even pull them along. It's a great little suitcase in which you can put in all their clothing and essentials for a plane journey and comes in pretty colours and styles! {Available for purchase at Toys R Us!} 
I have filled Nuha's Trunki up with essentials for the plane ride. Here's what I have packed in thus far (I will add on if I remember anything else until we leave, but for now I think I have it pretty much covered!)

To Nourish

I added in a variety of snacks for the long plane journeys and airport hauls. I will take out one every 2-3 hours, as snacks also serve as a form of keeping her busy! I packed in : Cheesecurls, Peanuts, Jumping Jack Popcorn, Ultra Mel sippy custard, 2 fruit juices, 1 bowl and spoon, 1 packet of 2 minute noodles, Mini Cheddars & A box of smarties (I know that I am breaking my own 'no sweets' rule by taking a box of Smarties along, but this is to be taken out in absolute dire circumstances only!) I packed all the snacks into a snack bag (in case of spilling so as to save the clothes.) If your child does not eat 2 minute noodles, it's a good idea to carry along a quick snack such as chicken pops, chicken nuggets etc. because as we know kids are unpredictable and could refuse plane food altogether - can't really blame them, they're kids but they're still human beings! It's also a great idea to carry along extra snacks even if your kid isn't big on snacking - remember that Murphys law seems to apply most to kids!


To Entertain

It's always good to tailor-make your child's entertainment pack according to their likes. For younger children, something other than the television shows and in-flight games are necessary to entertain them. I have packed play dough (certain to keep her entertained for a while!) as well as her mini mirror,  lipstick a f hairbrush - it's shocking how long this keeps her entertained!! I have packed in one of her favourite books and of course, I have also packed in her fully charged and loaded tablet which is certain to keep her entertained for hours!



To Medicate

I have packed in for fever - nurofen, for pain - stopayn, to aid in putting her off to sleep - allergex as well a chamomila tablets in case of a serious tantrum. These medicines are for the plane ride and her additional just-in-case medication can be found in our checked-in luggage.


To Refresh

I packed in a little bag of cosmetics containing essentials pictured below.


Just In Case

I also packed along two sets of clothing, a set of pyjamas and a warmer jacket and hat for stepping off into the Los Angeles chill.



Now about me and my overpacking tendencies - you've seen what I wanted to pack, now have a look below at what I really did pack -

1. 1 pair of blue jeans and 1 pair of leather leggings as well as a pencil skirt
2. 5 shirts and 1 tshirt
3. 3 pairs of boots (in my defense, two are to be left behind) 
4. 2 pairs of gloves, 2 beanies, 1 hat and 1 scarf.
5. 2 pairs of sunglasses
6. 3 jackets
7. 3 necklaces and 2 pairs of earrings
8. 1 handbag

Not bad for an over-packer, I'd say! This is my last post for the year as I am departing for a month-long holiday, I will return in January with my tales of travels, outfit posts and maybe even a special giveaway or two! Keep an eye on my Instagram page for updates on my journey and some Winter fashion inspiration.

Positive vibes & The Mandatory xoxo
Hali    

No comments:

Post a Comment