Saturday 6 December 2014

Marsala, anyone?

Goodbye Radiant Orchid, Hello Marsala!

 Pantone Announces “Marsala” as Color of the Year for 2015 ...

Pantone Universe has announced that Marsala is the colour of the year for 2015. Marsala is a deep brown-red - the colour is derived from the wine of the same colour. 

Have a look at some celebrities who have rocked Marsala on the red carpet in 2014; I am certain that there are MANY Marsala inspired looks to follow in the coming year! I am crazy about Blake Livelys look seen below.


The colour of the year translates to makeup looks as much as it does to clothing. When the colour was announced, Sephora immediately released a 'colour of the year' campaign and announced that they would be releasing an exclusive Marsala makeup collection soon.

 

Other makeup retailers jumped on the Marsala bandwagon by choosing nail polish and lipstick colours that closely matched the colour. The closest lipstick that I own which matches the Marsala colour is my MARC JACOBS Understudy ~ when applied a few times over it becomes a deep brown {a far cry from my signature MAC pinks!} and I will definitely be using it a lot more in the coming year and will even purchase a lippie or two in this fabulous colour. 

Take a look at some lip colours, blushers and nail polish that closely match Marsala.


Apart from incorporating Marsala into your makeup regime, you can also rock it with your clothing. Some staples that should last you throughout 2015 include a pair of burgundy jeans/ leather pants (huge already in 2014), a burgundy handbag, a deep brown-red leather jacket and even a pair of deep red shoes. If you are not keen on trying out bold signature pieces for the Marsala look, why not throw the colour out in a scarf or sunglasses? I will be investing in these items and can't wait to share my looks with you! 


Marsala is a deep and rich hue which is a far cry from the playful purple colour of this year. From my makeup looks to my clothing, I will most definitely be trying out this rich and gorgeous colour. I love that it is not a very daring and outrageous colour, but rather one that everyone can incorporate in one way or another. What do you think of the colour of the year? 

Positive vibes & The Mandatory xoxo
Hali

*please click 'view image' for photo credits

No comments:

Post a Comment