Saturday 8 November 2014

A Dose of Delicious ~ The best ice-cream sandwiches in Durban

What could be better than a rich, creamy and absolutely DELICIOUS scoop of ice-cream? A scoop of ice-cream sandwiched inbetween two soft, chewy and DELICIOUS cookies!! Ice cream sandwiches have become extremely popular and I am loving it. I have tried out most of the ice-cream sandwiches that Durban has to offer and have chosen two of the best to share with you- have a look at my two favourite ice-cream sandwiches in Durban!

Scoop Me s'More Ice Cream Sandwiches


 

Before letting you know about the taste of these ice-cream sandwiches, let's just take a moment to appreciate the amazingly unique concept of this sandwichery ~ The concept is that you can build your own ice cream sandwiches; pick your cookie flavour and then pick your ice-cream flavour. I love that you get to customise the ice cream sandwich to your liking, and I love the taste even more! I have been wanting to try out these ice cream sandwiches ever since I missed them at The Good Food and Wine Show, and I managed to hunt them down today for my morning dose of deliciousness.

By the time we arrived, the chocolate chip cookies had already sold out, but there were a few other flavours available so I didn't miss it too much. I chose the combination of the Smore cookies (chocolate chip cookies with marshmallows baked into it - need I say more?) with strawberry flavoured ice-cream, I also pinched a try from the other flavours (peanut butter cookie with toasted almond ice-cream and smore cookie with caramel ice-cream)




About the ice-cream - it is creamy, colourful and bursting with flavour. I am not a strawberry person but I enjoyed the strawberry flavour and fancied the caramel flavoured ice-cream just as much. The toasted almond tasted a lot like vanilla, but was still good if you are one to stick to an original flavour. 



The cookie itself was a little firmer in texture and yet it was still a lovely chewy texture that you expect of a cookie ~ once the ice-cream had had time to absorb into the cookie is softened up perfectly; both the peanut butter and smore cookies were equally delicious. The ice cream sandwiches were served in a bowl with a spoon (The cookies are thick and there is a large scoop of ice-cream between them - so although not one that you could hold in your hand and eat without making a mess, the bowls and spoons are needed and worked perfectly to devour it whilst walking around- And no, it is not large enough to share. Not for me atleast!) The sandwiches were priced at R25 each - for your choice of 2 cookies plus a generous scoop of ice-cream, I think they were reasonably priced.


Scoop Me Smore is a fairly new business which specializes in custom ice-cream sandwiches, custom shakes and custom sundaes. They stock so many different type of both cookie and ice-cream flavours that the combinations are endless! 




For more information contact Scoop Me s'More on 0761020120 or check out their website http://scoopmesmore.co.za/index.html#home


Legendairy Ice-Cream Sandwich


I tried these ice-cream cookie sandwiches out at Market at The Square; I was planning on purchasing their ice-cream, which I had tried once before at the Morning Trade, but found their cookie sandwiches and decided to give them a try - I was not disappointed! 

The ice-cream comes in either a vanilla or coffee flavour, sandwiched in-between two extra large chocolate chip cookies. The ice-cream (as their scoops usually are - is creamy, rich and full of flavour.) Every bite of the cookie results in a mouthful of chocolate chips (just the way I like it!)

The ice-cream sandwich is thin and comes prepacked in a brown paper wrapper ~ they sell for R35 each. I absolutely loved the taste of this sandwich and although it was so large, I only spared a bite and demolished the rest by myself! It was very easy to eat whilst walking around - The cookies were soft and chewy and although the ice-cream layer was thin it was delicious!



Legendairy uses free-range farm eggs, full-cream and full-fat milk and cream. They stock vanilla bean, vanilla bean and toasted meringue, peanut butter, dark chocolate, rooibos and roastery coffee flavoured ice-cream and also stock seasonal fruit flavours. You can find them at The Morning Trade and Market at the Square. To get in touch with them, check out their website -

http://www.legendairy.co.za/ or Contact them on - 073 112 0942


I thoroughly enjoyed both these ice cream cookie sandwiches and would definitely purchase them both again. If you are a lover of sweet treats like I am, give them a try, I can assure you that you won't be disappointed!

Positive vibes & The Mandatory xoxo
Hali





No comments:

Post a Comment