Friday 14 November 2014

Whats in my bag?

I have failed miserably at the November 30 day blogger challenge, but one or two of the challenges have sparked my  interest, so I  am drawing my inspiration for a couple of November posts from these, (totally in contradiction to the point of the challenge, I know! I do however promise to complete a 30 day challenge in the near future.)

 
Today I am tackling number 7 - What's in my bag?

Pictured above is a collection of what you could find in my bag on a typical day ~ 
The one obvious thing that I haven't included in my picture that never leaves my bag, is my purse - it contains everything from my license to my cards and I cannot leave the house without it! One thing  ALWAYS forget to pop into my handbag is a packet of Kleenex - the single most essential item that every person should carry around with them at all times (especially if you have kids!)

1. Sunglasses - I have a slight obsession with sunglasses and if the weather is good I don't leave home without it! It is the perfect Summer accessory an instantly adds a lift to an outfit or face.


2. Car keys - I am ALWAYS misplacing my car keys. I can blame my kids for playing with and hiding them from me all I want, but deep down I know that it is really my fault. I have taken to keeping my car keys in my handbag, even when at home so that I always know where they are ~ the perfect solution to my forgetfulness! 


3. Nappy - I have a nappy in each handbag; even though I carry diaper bags along for both my girls I still have a habit of keeping one with me at all times. You never know when you could need it - and yes, it's come in handy once or twice!  #mamadramas


4. Hairbrush - I use the hairbrush often for my girls who both have curly little mops for hair - this comes in especially handy when we're in the car or when I am trying to control their hair whilst on the run!


5. Lipstick - I always have a lipstick on hand in case of a touch-up, especially handy on lunch dates! This Marc Jacobs lippie in Understudy is the perfect nude-pink to touch-up and is one of my favorites. 


6. Handbag-size perfume - I always keep a miniature perfume in my handbag, its an instant refresher. I purchased a set of 5 miniature Dior perfumes, perfect for a handbag and definitely a great buy! The perfume pictured below is one of my favourite classic scents - Dior Pure Poison.


7. Cellphone - my cellphone goes wherever I go for obvious social reasons. I take it with me everywhere and turn the car around if I ever do (highly unlikely) forget it at home for any reason.


8. Sweets - I always have a sweet or two in my bag, it gives an instant boost and energy rush.


9. Dummy - My lifesaver. I ALWAYS carry a spare dummy with me in my bag, as with a 9-month old, you never know when happiness can turn into tantrums and you never know what could happen to the original dummy. If you are a mom of a dummy-loving babe, you will know why this is a handbag essential!

As you can tell, I am not a prepare-for-anything person and my handbag contains pretty much a cross between essentials, beauty products and a splash of mama drama. 

Positive vibes & The Mandatory xoxo
Hali

No comments:

Post a Comment