Tuesday 18 November 2014

Winging It

 

This season (and many many seasons before that) is all about winged eyeliner. It is here to stay and has evolved from a simple flick to hundreds of different styles from double flicks to under the eye winged eyeliner ~ your imagination is the limit. 

In this post I look at three different liners, from mid-range to drug store and show you a few of my winged eyeliner looks.

1. MAC Blacktrack Gel Liner


This has got to be my favourite liner. Pair it with a good brush and you can create just about any look ranging from bold to barely-there. The colour is jet black and it stays put all day.
Confession ~ Most of the time I do not use my angled brush to apply winged eyeliner, but rather use my thin lipstick brush to do so! The thin tip of the brush makes for easy buildable application. Pictured below are two looks created using this liner - a simple no fuss wing pictured in the first frame; and in the second frame is a double winged liner.


TIP - if your gel liner has dried up, add 2 drops of oil to it, give it a mix and it will be good as new {tried and tested!}

This picture is the tutorial I used when I was trying to teach myself to apply winged eyeliner ~ I still use this method today and find it most effective.


Pictured below are different types of eyeliner techniques,  I saved a copy and refer back to it every now and then when I feel like creating a look besides my signature clean cut wing.



2. Benefit They're Real! Push Up Liner




This liner has got to be the most talked-about make-up product since Urban Decay Naked 3! It combines gel liner into a pen form, you use it by pushing up the liner and applying once it gets to the top. The angled tip does aid in getting a perfect flick, however it can be difficult to use. In my experience too much of the gel released at the push of the pen; I think traditional gel liner is definitely easier to use.


3. Essence Long Lasting Black Eyeliner Pencil

I purchased this pencil a while ago, it's great for under the eye liner and great for a corner of the eye wing. To do this I literally just draw a quick flick on the corner of my eye (I had seen this look online but knew it couldn't be executed with gel liner) and smudged it on the eye with my finger. Slap on some mascara and its a cute and quick look for when you're on the go. This pencil is not as dark as I would like; you have to go over it a few times to achieve the perfect 'black' look, but its great for a corner wing which shouldn't be too black anyway.


I am crazy about winged eyeliner and have recently began to experiment with different eyeliner techniques, I am coveting the Inglot and Bobbi Brown Gel Liners in some different colours rather than black, as I have heard SO much about them; but for now my MAC Blacktrack still reigns supreme.


Positive vibes & The Mandatory xoxo
Hali

No comments:

Post a Comment