Tuesday 28 October 2014

Make-Up Must Have - 27pinkx Lighted Vanity Mirror

As with clothing and accessories,  make-up has certain items that people simply HAVE to purchase as soon as they are released. From the Urban Decay Naked Pallettes to hundreds of MAC lipsticks to the gorgeous transparent make-up storage ala Kim Kardashian - these are some make-up must haves.

I believe the term trend fits well with clothing and accessories, but is not appropriate in describing make-up obsessions - trends are something that go away; I possibly will not wear pencil skirts and kimonos next season but even after the release of Vice 3 I am still using my Naked 3 Pallette. The term make-up must-have is more apt, as make-up and associated tools are longer-lasting and more practical. 

My most recent make-up must have is the 27pinkx lighted vanity mirror.  After seeing it on their Instagram page, I was besotted! My mom has turned our old room into a dressing room; it is amazing how the addition of the lighted vanity mirror (we chose Mahogany as it tied in well with the rest of the room) transforms the look of the table into a make-up station.

Before purchasing, I was skeptical as it is an item which was to be used long-term and having not seen it in person I was not sure what to expect ~ which leads to my reason for writing this post...I hope it helps if you're thinking of investing in a lighted vanity mirror. 

Some information on the product -
Size - the mirror is 680mm in height and 460mm in length.
Colour - the mirror is available in Mahogany, Pink, Red, White & Black. As seen on their Instagram page, the Mahogany seems quite popular, but the pink looks AMAZING in the pictures - I have my eye on one for my girls' bedroom!

PROS
  • The mirror is portable so it's easy to transport into your studio/room when it arrives.
  • The electrical cord that is attached to the mirror is quite long which comes in handy especially if your make-up station is a little distance from an outlet.
  • There is a dimmable switch which ranges from an extremely bright light to moderate which is perfect as you can adjust it according to night and day or depending on how much of natural light you have coming through in addition to this light. Once the lights have been switched on, you can easily see all your facial flaws, which in turn leads to better coverage.
  • The overall look of the mirror is gorgeous - It really transforms the entire look of a make-up station to give it a beautiful and professional look.
  • At R1399.00, the mirror is not outrageously priced (I did come across online, however, that this is a special price running until the 1st of December)
CONS
  • The only con I can think of is that lightbulbs are not included - I would think that they are too delicate to transport together with the product. However, its specified that you need dimmable bulbs not exceeding 40w and they are quite easy to find.
On the whole, I think that this vanity mirror is a make-up must have as it provides both a professional lighting as well as a professional look - well worth the price and space on your dresser! See pictures below of our little make-up station as well as the Pink Vanity Lighted Mirror (sourced the second picture online) 



Please feel free to drop me an e-mail if you have any questions or would like any more information.

Positive vibes & The Mandatory xoxo
Hali

P.S. Please take a look at my review disclaimer under the "About Me" tab

1 comment:

  1. As with clothing and accessories, make-up has certain items that people simply HAVE to purchase as soon as they are released. From the ... elightedmakeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete