Thursday 9 October 2014

What's in a name?

I have wanted to start a blog for a while now, and although I have had my reservations, I finally decided to take the plunge.

Excited (and characteristically impatient) me, with a mind full of ideas and fingers ready to go at the speed of lightening, I rushed to set up my account. Please state the name of your account, was the first thing that glared at me. Oh. It seems, a name is the first thing that a blog requires. I had thought out my first ten blog posts, but somehow the formation of the cornerstone of the blog - the name, had escaped me.

It seemed that the first (and one of the most important) orders of business was the name - and what an anguish that was! I wanted something catchy and quirky. All I could think of for two days straight was that I wanted something along the lines of what Karan Johar named his talk show -"Koffee with Karan" - just the right amount of alliteration without being a mouthful; but all I could come up with was "Hot Chocolate with Hali" Um. I think not. I quickly moved on from that terrible idea and went on to contemplate everything from Saffron & Style to The Balanced Belle. I brainstormed for days and every time I finally came up with a name I was dismayed to find out that it had already been taken! Yes, it seems we are a blogging generation. As is the generation before us and I am pretty sure the generation after us will be.

I finally came up with Haute Chocolat, as an expression between my love for fashion, cuisine and everything in between. This blog serves as a creative outlet and to voice my opinions and share my experiences on couture, cuisine, tales of travels, Psychology, selfies and confessions of my diaper bag (not just so I can add #lifestyleblogger to my Instagram posts.)

Join me on my journey of life as I try to find a balance; laugh with me and learn with me...I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I enjoy composing it!

Positive vibes & The Mandatory xoxo
Hali

P.S Aren't you glad that you aren't reading "Hot Chocolate with Hali" right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment