Friday 10 October 2014

Milkshake Mania

Who doesn't love a good, creamy, double-thick gourmet milkshake? I know I can't say I don't! In Ramadaan this year, I went a little milkshake crazy. I love milkshakes - (the richer and creamier, the better!!) so the mandatory Iftaar milkshake was just an excuse for me to indulge in my desire to create and taste different types of these sinful straight-to-the-hips guilty pleasures.

To avoid diabetes-by-milkshake, I limited my milkshake-making to twice a week. I browsed online (I think the phrase "the best thing since sliced bread" should be changed to "the best thing since technology,") and perused through some possible flavour combinations. My search came up with a few ordinary milkshakes and a few far-fetched ones that no sane person would go near - I'll pass on the sweet potato & spiced pumpkin milkshake, thanks. My search also came up with some really delicious-looking combinations - I drew inspiration from social media and search engines for some of the shakes, however, all recipes are original.

Whether you fancy death-by-caramel-shots or tall glasses of chocolate decadence - If you enjoy milkshakes half as much as I do (I've yet to see someone who doesn't) then do give them a try. You can find my ingredients and method for all the shakes below under the "Recipes" tab. You don't have to limit yourself to these - Stock up on different flavoured syrups, ice creams, a can of whipped cream and some basic items that you could use for decorating (marshmallows, mini wafers, chocolate discs, sugar crystals, mini biscuits) and let your creativity do the rest! A great tip for making delicious milkshakes is to invest in a milkshake maker, (I recommend the Breville Milkshake Maker, this is the one that I had worked with) - this makes a world of difference!

Did You Know - September 12th is Milkshake Day (if there ever was anything that deserved it's own day...)

* Ramadaan - a month in which Muslims observe fast from sunrise until sunset
** Iftaar - the time of sunset in which Muslims open their fast with food and drink

Rolo Shake

Bubblegum Bombay Crush
Snickers Shake
Peppermint Crisp Shake

Dulce de Leche Shots
Traditional Bombay Crush


Banana & Caramel Shake
Triple Chocolate Marshmallow Fluff

Positive Vibes & The Mandatory xoxo
Hali

No comments:

Post a Comment